Adobe today announced Adobe® Connect™ 8, a significant update to the company’s Web conferencing solution for powering effective and engaging Web meetings, online training and webinars. Based on the virtually ubiquitous Adobe Flash® Player software, the latest version provides enterprises and governments worldwide with broad capabilities for delivering rich experiences across multiple devices, while maintaining easy, reliable meeting entry.
“Adobe Connect continues to deliver a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution for Web conferencing – offering a set of features that stands apart from other Web conferencing solutions.”
“We’re seeing the adoption of Web conferencing as a core collaboration technology for everyday use accelerate rapidly,” said Andy Nilssen, senior analyst, Wainhouse Research. “In addition, we’re also seeing enterprises increase expectations for their Web conferencing solution. These organizations want to go well beyond everyday meetings and seminars to enable myriad and divergent use cases, easily extend solution capabilities with key new functionality, integrate with existing infrastructure such as video conferencing room systems, and support meeting access via a wide choice of mobile devices. All while providing meeting participants with a great user experience.”
Key new features of Adobe Connect 8 include a simplified interface for greater usability, expanded and more flexible collaboration capabilities for sharing ideas more freely, and enhanced audio and video integration for richer multimedia experiences. In addition, Adobe Connect 8 offers a software development kit (SDK) for greater extensibility, a new, optional desktop client based on the Adobe AIR® runtime for easier meeting management, and support for a range of mobile devices to extend reach and enhance productivity.
New Features and Benefits
- More intuitive user interface that provides meeting hosts, presenters, and participants with even easier access to capabilities; allowing presenters, for example, to quickly and flexibly adjust meeting room layouts in real-time, as needed.
- Enhancements to sharing, chat, video, notes, Q&A, whiteboard, and other functionality “pods” to facilitate collaboration.
- Addition of two-way Universal Voice that allows customers to bridge audio from any conferencing provider into an Adobe Connect room and provide two-way communication between participants on both VoIP and telephone audio.
- Integration of Adobe Connect1 with existing video conferencing systems, enabling meeting hosts to bring live audio and video broadcast streams directly into an Adobe Connect room.
- Enhanced collaboration SDK, with support for Adobe Flex®, Adobe Flash and Adobe ActionScript® 3, which allows developers to create custom pods or integrate Adobe Connect with other systems.
- Adobe Connect Desktop, based on Adobe AIR, which lets users set up and manage meetings right from the desktop. The optional application also allows users to download recorded sessions for offline viewing.
- Adobe Connect Mobile enables participants to view meetings on mobile devices. Adobe Connect Mobile works on Apple iPhone and iPad, as well as Google Android and other mobile devices enabled with Adobe Flash technology