Tag Archives: Dreamweaver

Landing Page management made easy

Landing Pages.. they’re supposed to be simple right? We build them, we launch them, we (hopefully!) get an uplift in sales as a result and then we pull them down at some point. Easy?

The reality is that although the design process is typically straight forward, it’s the management and measurement part that gets messy. What happens in most cases today is that a separate design team or agency builds the pages,  throws the pages up onto a hosting service, and any changes are pushed back and forth via email forcing the design / developer team to pop open the code for each change. Continue reading

CS5.5 + PhoneGap + iOS5

PhoneGap was brought into the Adobe family recently via Adobe’s acquisition of Nitobi. If you haven’t yet heard of PhoneGap, its an open source library / framework that allows you to compile HTML+JS+CSS into native applications. Cool! Even before the acquisition, the Dreamweaver team had included the ability to compile to iOS & Android using CS5.5

I’ve been spending some time exploring the capabilities and ran into an issue some other users have been reporting. I recently installed Dreamweaver CS5.5 on a new Mac with XCode 4.2.1 with iOS5 support and was disappointed to see that I was unable to build an app for iPad or iPhone. Every time I tried this Dreamweaver served up an error when I tried to compile the app.

Its due to to a conflict between the PhoneGap library shipped with Dreamweaver, and an update to the camera classes in XCode. The good news is that there is a quick fix! I’ve since found out that the Dreamweaver team are working on a solution to this issue, but in the meantime the following steps will get things working for you..

Basically all you need to do is hack this file..

/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5/Configuration/NativeAppFramework/..
../DWPhoneGap/iphone/PhoneGapLib/Classes

replace the CameraPicker class with the following code…

@interface CameraPicker : UIImagePickerController
{
        NSString* successCallback;
        NSString* errorCallback;
        NSInteger quality;
        NSString* postUrl;
        enum DestinationType;
    enum returnType;
}

Next delete the folder in this location;

/Users/<username>/Documents/DW_NAF

then restart Dreamweaver

Things should work as planned now!

thanks to Y Terenze in Google Groups who initially worked this out.