I’ve completed building my first custom component for Adobe CQ5 and what else to build but the HelloWorld of modern day websites? A Google Map component!
The process to build the component was quite easy, as follows;
- Write (ok.. steal) the HTML code to make Map appear in a browser
- Create a new component in CRXDE in the Apps director (using the wizard)
- Copy / Paste my working HTML code into the created JSP file for the component
- Test the compoent works as is (it should by now start showing up in SideKick – assuming you go into Design mode and allow the component to be displayed.. eg in parsys)
- Add a nice icon
- Create a dialogue (or copy and modify another one from something like the title component like I did)
- Tweak the code to pull the values from the dialogue.
- Test, package, share on your blog!
I have several enhancements as well as new components I need to complete, but if you have requests please let me know in the comments below.